5 Things to Know About Today
Indoor rowing; women's lunch series starts; tennis drills; swimming workout; percussion for kids.
Here are 5 things you should know about today in and around Barrington:
- The East Bay Rowing Club offers indoor rowing every Tuesday morning at 9 for the winter at 426 Fitness, 426 Metacom Ave., in Warren; you can register at eastbayrowing.org.
- The East Bay Chamber of Commerce teams with W.E.B.O.N.D. (Women’s Empowerment and Business Owners Networking Development) for a weekly women’s winter brown bag lunch series each Tuesday at the chamber office, 16 Cutler St., Warren, from noon to 1 pm starting today and running through March. Michelle Hughes, a CPA with Farmer & First, CPAs, talks today on “The Fiscal Cliff: What You Need to Know about Tax Changes and Planning.”
- The Barrington Neighbors and Newcomers Club runs tennis drills each Tuesdy morning at 9 am at Centre Court Tennis Club, 50 Hospital Road, in nearby Riverside.
- Triton Swimming offers a customized workout for you each Tuesday at 5:30 am at the East Providence Boys and Girls Club if you are an intermediate or advanced swimmer.
- Rhythm Quest Percussion meets at 6 pm at Reynolds School, 235 High St., Bristol. The youth-based percussion ensemble is open to any child in Rhode Island ages 11 to 18 who wants to learn, play and perform within the community.