5 Things to Know About Today
Another strengthening families program; indoor rowing; brown bag lunch series for women on eating yourself healthy; percussion ensemble meets; 'Movie Tuesday'.
Here are five things you should know about today in Barrington:
- The BAY Team hosts another Parent2Parent workshop series today in the Barrington library that introduces the Strengthening Families Program (SFP) – a program found to significantly reduce problem behaviors, delinquency, and alcohol and drug abuse in children. It starts at 6:30 pm with lessons on "problem solving and negotiation skills" and "stress and anger management skills" planned.
- East Bay Rowing offers indoor rowing today at 426 Fitness, 426 Metacom Ave., Warren. The winter program begins at 9 am every Tuesday.
- The East Bay Chamber and W.E.B.O.N.D. (Women’s Empowerment and Business Owners Networking Development) continue at noon today a weekly brown bag lunch series at the Chamber office, 16 Cutler Street, Warren. Dawn Parente, NC, HHP, Energy Healer, presents "Eat Yourself Healthy," a presentation to help you control your stress levels with food and relaxation techniques.
- Rhythm Quest Percussion is a youth-based percussion ensemble open to those ages 12 to 18 who want to learn, play and perform within the community. It meets at Reynolds School in Bristol. For more information, visit the website.
- If it's Tuesday, it's Movie Tuesday at the Barrington Senior Center starting at 12:30 pm. Open to anyone.