5 Things to Know About Today
Nasty day of rain, Girls on the Run, knitters group, Town Museum open, Lenten meal at St. James.
Here are five things you should know about today in Barrington:
- A nasty day today with periods of rain, possibly up to an inch, and winds of 25 to 35 mph.
- Girls on the Run Rhode Island is an after-school program for girls in grades 3-5. The 10-week program meets at Studio 47 at Barrington Pilates. For more information, and to register, visit the website.
- Love to knit? Join the Knitters Group at the Barrington Senior Center, 281 County Road, the lower level of the library, every Wednesday at 10 am.
- The Town Museum operated by the Barrington Preservation Society is open today from 11 am to 3 pm; it is located in the lower level of the library, 281 County Road.
- St. James Lutheran Church hosts each Wednesday during Lent from 6:30 to 8 pm a meal of soup, bread and salad in the Community room, followed by a service of prayer in the Sanctuary.