5 Things to Know About Today
Partly cloudy; school vacation week program; children's entertainer Wayne Potash; knitters gather; Town Museum open.
Here are five things you should know about today in Barrington:
- Partly to mostly cloudy with a chance of flurries and temperatures staying in the mid 30s most of the day.
- The Barrington recreation department offers a school vacation-week program at the middle school every day this week with two sessions daily for kids ages 6-12. Games, sports, arts and crafts and special themed events each day from 9:30 am to noon and 12:30 to 3 pm. $5 per child per session.
- Children's entertainer Wayne Potash performs at the Barrington Public Library today at 10:30 am. Potash, a Parents' Choice Award winner, is considered one of the most engaging music performers for children in New England.
- Love to knit? Join the Knitters Group at the Barrington Senior Center, 281 County Road, the lower level of the library, every Wednesday at 10 am.
- The Town Museum operated by the Barrington Preservation Society is open today from 11 am to 3 pm; it is located in the lower level of the library, 281 County Road.