5 Things to Know About Today
Still very cold; Ben Franklin in library; open gym for basketball; blood pressure checks; story hour for children.
Here are five things you should know about today in Barrington:
- It will be mainly sunny and not quite as cold today with a high temperature near 23, but winds of 15 to 25 mph will make it feel much colder and the low will get down close to a single digit.
- Ben Franklin reappears in the Barrington library at 7 pm to talk about his take on the state of present day America? The provocative program is based on "Poor Richard’s Lament," a book by Tom Fitzgerald.
- If it’s Thursday, it’s open gym night for adult basketball from 6 to 9 at the Barrington Middle School, sponsored by the recreation department. You must be 18 or older.
- Get a free blood pressure check at the Barrington Senior Center from 10:30 to 11:30 am.
- Margie Reed leads a lively story hour for children every Thursday morning at 10 at Barrington Books in the Barrington Shopping Center.