5 Things to Know About Today
Plenty of snow, wind and rain; library classroom series on Constitution and Bill of Rights; tennis drills and workouts; open gym for basketball; free blood pressure screenings.
Here are five things you should know about today in Barrington, weather permitting:
- Snow will fall during the morning and then mix with rain at times during the afternoon with a high near 39 and plenty of wind at 25 to 35 mph. An accumulation of 5 to 8 inches of snow expected and winds could gust over 50 mph.
- The open-classroom series on the Constitution and the Bill of Rights continues its 10-week run at 7 pm in the Barrington library auditorium. Wheaton College professor Jenna Lukasik returns to lead a session tonight on freedom of religion and separation of church and state.
- Barrington Neighbors and Newcomers host tennis drills and workout classes each morning at 9 and 10:30 at the East Bay Tennis Authority, 55 Hospital Road, Riverside.
- If it’s Thursday, it’s open gym night for adult basketball from 6 to 9 at the Barrington Middle School, sponsored by the recreation department. You must be 18 or older.
- The Barrington Senior Center offers free blood pressure screenings from 10:30 to 11:30 am.