5 Things to Know About This Weekend
Sled, skate; 'open mic' night; musem open; At Habonim art gallery reception; paint pottery.
Here are five things you should know about for this weekend in Barrington, starting today:
- The weather looks great for this weekend if you like plenty of sunshine and temperatures in the mid to high 30s. Sounds like a perfect winter weekend to sled down Suicide Hill or ice skate at the rink on Legion Way.
- It’s “open mic” night tonight as it is every Friday at Coffee Depot, 501 Main St., Warren; the night begins at 7 pm with a featured artist from 8-8:40 pm followed by the open mic until 9:50 pm.
- The Town Museum operated by the Barrington Preservation Society is open Saturday from 11 am to 3 pm; view the museum’s current exhibit, “Celebrate,” to see how Barrington celebrated holidays and special events.
- Temple Habonim’s art gallery will showcase the photographs of Seymour Glantz and his son, Brian, at a reception on Sunday, Jan. 6, from 1 to 3 p.m. Wife, mother and poet Lee Glantz will read from a collection of her published poems from 1:45 to 2:15 p.m.
- You can paint your own pottery at Art by You at Weirdgirl Creations Pottery Studio, 33 Kent St., on Saturday and Sunday from 11 am to 5 pm; there is a fee that starts at $8 to cover the cost of materials.