5 Things to Know About This Weekend
Get out and have some Halloween fun this weekend; 'Spooky Stroll' tonight; carnival on Saturday.
Here are five things you should know about for this weekend in Barrington. Get out and have some fun even as you prepare for the possible arrival of Hurricane Sandy late Monday.
- Take a “Spooky Pumpkin Stroll” at Primrose Hill School in Barrington today, Oct. 27, starting at 6:30 pm. Hundreds of carved pumpkins will be spread out across the playing fields outside the school on Middle Highway.
- Help to replant Allin's Cove in Barrington on Saturday morning, Oct. 27, with native plants; the Barrington Land Conservation Trust is gathering at 9 am to replace invasive knotweed and phragmites.
- Come on out to the first fall carnival at Barrington Christian Academy on Saturday, Oct. 27, from 10 am to 2 pm -- rain or shine in the school parking lot at 9 Old County Road.
- Saturday, Oct. 27, is the final Go Local Farmers’ Market of the season at Barrington Congregational Church; it runs from 9 am to noon.
- The annual Pumpkin Junction at St. John's Episcopal Church on County Road continues every day through Halloween on Wednesday, Oct. 31. Still great gourds to pick from this weekend.