5 Things to Know About This Weekend
Snow, rain subside, sun takes over; Arts Alive! presents four shows at middle school; local authors at Riverside library; Eco-Depot at landfill; The Greybeards in concert.
Here are five things you should know about this weekend in and around Barrington.
- Snow, rain and strong winds subside today and into the evening. Sun and clouds will share the skies Saturday and Sunday with temperatures climbing into the mid 40s.
- Four performances of the Arts Alive! production of 'Once Upon a Mattress', by Rogers & Hammerstein, take place this weekend at the Barrington Middle School auditorium: today at 7 pm, tomorrow at 1 and 7 pm and Sunday at 1 pm. Tickets are $5 for students/seniors and $8 for adults.
- Children's book authors Jennifer and Vance Vachon of Barrington will share their new rhyming book, Bread Over Heels, about the life of Endy Heel, a neglected piece of bread, on Saturday from 1 to 3 pm at the Riverside Branch Library, 475 Bullocks Point Ave.
- Another Eco-Depot is scheduled for tomorrow, March 9, at the Central Landfill in Johnston. Dispose of your household hazardous waste safely and without charge. Make an appointment at www.ecodepotri.org or call 401.942.1430 x241.
- The Four Corners Arts Center in Tiverston presents “The Greybeards” in concert on Sunday, March 10, at 3 pm at The Meeting House. They will be joined by guest artist Catherine Hawkes. For more information or to purchase tickets, visit FourCornersArts.org.