5 Things to Know About This Weekend
Festival of Lights; walkabout Veterans Park; Local Brew Coffeehouse; Bay View Chorus; Bay Spring art show.
Here are five things you should know about for this weekend in Barrington.
- Barrington’s annual Festival of Lights is Saturday afternoon, Dec. 1, in the government center area; Santa Claus will light the tree in front of Town Hall at 5:30 pm; a host of other activities, including trolley and train rides, and performances by singing, dancing and performing groups will fill out the festival lineup starting at 3:30 pm.
- You can join the Barrington Town Trails Team for a walkabout in Veterans Memorial Park starting at 9 am on Saturday, Dec. 1.
- Barrington’s own Bay Spring Folk singing group will celebrate the release of its first CD, “Get Yours,” on Saturday evening, Dec. 1 at a Local Brew Coffeehouse. It starts at 7 pm in the Bay Spring Community Center, 170 Narragansett Ave.
- The Bay View Academy Chamber Chorus will perform at Daisy Dig’ins flower and gift shop on Maple Avenue on Saturday, Dec. 1, at 3 pm. The group is directed by Christine Kavanaugh of Barrington.
- The Bay Spring Community Center, 170 Narragansett Ave., hosts on Sunday, Dec. 2, an art show by local artists. It runs from 11 am to 4 pm with block prints, sea glass art for the garden, snowflakes, luminaries, specialty cookies, and garden arrangements among the arts and crafts scheduled to be on hand for your holiday shopping.