5 Things to Know About This Weekend
Rainy weather; a cappella group at 'White Church'; 'Taste of Barrington'; Red Brick School open house; tennis drills.
Here are five things you should know about for this weekend in Barrington, starting tonight:
- The weather forecast for this weekend looks a bit rainy with a 50 percent chance of showers on Friday afternoon and rain lingering into Saturday morning, but temperatures getting up into the high 40s and mid 50s by Sunday, when it will be partly sunny for the Patriots’ home game with the Texans.
- Duelly Noted, a co-ed a cappella group from Hamilton College, will sing at 7:30 pm today, Jan. 11, at the Barrington Congregational Church, 461 County Road. The 17-member group includes Barrington sophomore Molly Voigt.
- Get a “Taste of Barrington” on Saturday from 6 to 8 pm when 10 local restaurants serve up samples of food at Grapes & Grains, 24 Bosworth St., to benefit the East Bay Coalition for the Homeless.
- The Red Brick School, 50 Middle Highway, holds an open house on Sunday from 3 to 5 pm for parents of children ages 3-6.
- The Barrington Neighbors and Newcomers Club sponsors tennis drills and a workout at the tennis club at 55 Hospital Road, Riverside, both Saturday and Sunday morning at 9 and 10:30.