5 Things to Know About This Weekend
Partly cloudy skies; Whiffenpoofs visit Barrington; 20th Providence Boat Show; 'open mic night'; Town Museum opens its doors.
Here are five things you should know about this weekend, starting today, in and around Barrington:
- Partly cloudy weather is forecast for the weekend with temperatures again getting up into the mid-40s but with wind gusts of 20-25 mph to make it seem colder.
- The renowned Whiffenpoofs a cappella group from Yale University perform at St. Andrew’s School, 63 Federal Road, Barrington, tonight at 7 in the McCulloch Center for the Performing Arts. Tickets are $15 for adults; $12 for children and seniors.
- The 20th annual Providence Boat Show starts today, Jan. 18, and runs Saturday and Sunday, Jan. 19-20, at the Rhode Island Convention Center, 1 Sabin St. Admission is $8.
- Coffee Depot, 501 Main St., Warren holds its weekly "open mic" night tonight starting at 7 pm. Show off your talent.
- The Town Museum operated by the Barrington Preservation Society is open Saturday from 11 am to 3 pm; its latest exhibit looks at the way Barrington celebrated in the past.