5 Things to Know About This Weekend
Ballroom dancing; winter walk at Sowams Woods; beer and cheese pairing; town museum open; 4 Paws for a Cause.
Here are five things you may want to know about this weekend in Barrington:
- Start your weekend off tonight with a ballroom dancing lesson at the Democratic Club at 186 Roffe Street; professional ballroom dancer Nelia Lawton of Barrington will teach beginners at 7, then stick around for a dance at 8 pm.
- A cookie exchange and a winter walk will celebrate the 6th anniversary of the preservation of Sowams Woods by the Barrington Land Conservation Trust on Saturday at 1 pm. The entrance to Sowams Woods lies off Washington Road at South Lake Drive.
- It’s the third Saturday of the month this weekend. That means Grapes & Grains on Bosworth Street and The Cheese Plate in Warren are teaming up for another “Craft Beer & Cheese Pairing” at Grapes & Grains. It starts at 5 pm.
- The Town Museum operated by the Barrington Preservation Society is open Saturday from 11 am to 3 pm. The museum is on the lower level of the Barrington Public Library.
- Donate a non-perishable food item for the RI Community Food Bank at Barrington Veterinary Clinic on Saturday and receive a free nail trim or nail painting for your pet. The clinic is located at 260 Waseca Ave.