5 Things to Know About This Week
Weather turns cold; special education group meets; Benjamin Franklin to talk; estate sale; pasta inner at 'White Church'.
Here are five things you should know about this week in Barrington, starting today, The Rev. Martin Luther King Jr. Day:
- The weather today will be partly cloudy in the morning with periods of snow showers later in the day and temperatures making it only to the freezing mark for a high. It will then turn very cold for a few days.
- The Barrington Special Education Advisory Committee (SEAC) will answer questions about your children transitioning into Hampden Meadows, the Barrington Middle School or Barrington High School Tuesday at 7 pm.
- Benjamin Franklin makes an appearance at the Barrington library on Thursday, Jan. 24 at 7 pm in a talk titled "Ancient Errors, Ben Franklin and the Reinvention of America." The program is based on Poor Richard’s Lament, a provocative book by Tom Fitzgerald.
- An estate sale will be held Saturday, Jan. 26, from 9 am to 2 pm at 210 Lincoln Ave. See photos at www.consignworks.com.
- The Barrington Congregational Church – “The White Church” – host a pasta dinner on Sunday, Jan. 27, starting at 6 pm to raise money for its youth service trip to Washington D.C. You can get a takeout meal as well. Mark your calendar.