5 Things to Know About This Week
Pasta dinner at Holy Angels; Allin's Cove tree planting; Cub Scout food bags, and a 'carnival' at the Barrington Christian Academy.
Here are five things you may want to know about this week in Barrington.
- Watch “Fiddler on the Roof” in the Barrington library auditorium on Wedneday, Oct. 24, at 1 pm – the movie is part of the lecture and film series: “Gotta’ Sing; Gotta Dance: The Evolution of Movie Musicals.”
- Holy Angels church hosts another Pasta Dinner on Thursday, Oct. 25, starting at 4 pm in the lower level of the church at 341 Maple Ave. Call 401-245-7743 for tickets or get them at the parish office.
- Help to plant 300 shrubs and trees at Allin’s Cove with members of the Barrington Land Trust to take back the shoreline from invasive knotweed and phragmites. It starts at 9 am on Saturday, Oct. 27. Park on Green Avenue or Byway Road.
- Cub Scouts from Pack 2 in Barrington will hand out food bags to the Primrose and St. Luke’s neighborhoods on Saturday, Oct. 27, to solicit donations for the RI Community Food Bank. They’ll return a week later to pick up the food for the 25th annual Scouting food drive.
- The Barrington Christian Academy holds its first “carnival” on Saturday, Oct. 27, starting at 10 am at the 9 Old County Road complex. Games, a bounce house, live entertainment, a bake sale, a raffle and food from Blount Seafoods, Starbucks, Flat Waves and Mangia Neapolitan Pizza.