5 Things to Know About This Week
Veterans Day ceremony; uncover 'red trail'; garden club meets; another girls' night out at St. Luke's; turkey raffle at Democratic Club
Here are five things you should know about this week in Barrington:
- The United Veterans Council of Barrington holds its annual Veterans Day ceremony at 11 am on Monday at the honor roll and veterans memorial at Town Hall; Vietnam veterans will be honored specifically with the mounting of a plaque on a stone at the Town Hall memorial.
- Help the Barrington Land Conservation Trust uncover the “red trail” at Veterans Memorial Park in Barrington on Monday starting at 9 am. Bring a saw and clippers and dress appropriately for the season.
- The Barrington Garden Club meets at noon on Tuesday, Nov. 13, in the library with Sue Redden, a past president and and accredited and award-winning master judge presenting a program that features festive designs and tablescapes for the holiday season.
- St. Luke’s School holds its annual Girls’ Night Out shopping spree on Friday night, Nov. 16, to benefit “A Swift Cause.” Shop more than 20 local vendors with your friends.
- The Barrington Democratic Club, 186 Roffee St., holds its second annual turkey raffle on Saturday, Nov. 17, starting at 6:30 pm.