5 Things to Know About This Week
Here are 5 things you should know about this week in Barrington; mark each one on your calendar.
What’s coming up in Barrington this week, Sept. 24-30, the first full week of autumn, that you should know about for your calendar.
- Eat dinner with your entire family on Monday during Family Dinner Day – a date to increase awareness of the positive impact that families who eat dinner together can have on the prevention of smoking, drinking and using drugs.
- The Barrington Planning Board and the Technical Review Committee hold a joint meeting on Thursday, Sept. 27, to hear a presentation on the affordable housing development, Palmer Pointe Neighborhood, proposed for the Sowams Nursery site off of Sowams Road.
- Getting a bit tired of playing Words With Friends on your cell phone? Play the original word game, Scrabble, on Friday at 10 am at the Barrington Senior Center on the lower level of the public library.
- Empty your medicine cabinet of all expired and unwanted prescription drugs at another Drug Take Back on Saturday, Sept. 29, at the Barrington Police Staton from 10 am to 2 pm.
- The annual Rubber Ducky Race of the Barrington Education Foundation will be run on Saturday, Sept. 29, from 2 to 4 pm (race at 3 pm) at Woods Pond near the public library just off of County Road. Buy a duck, watch it race, you could win an iPad or an iPod or a Kindle Fire.