5 Things to Know About This Week
Windy, sunny today; schools, government offices closed; college-for-less seminar; school vacation week programs; children's entertainer Wayne Potash.
Here are five things you should know about today and for this week in and around Barrington:
- There will be plenty of sunshine and lots of wind today with temperatures reaching only into the low 30s and gusts occasionally getting up to 40 mph.
- Schools and all government offices will be closed for Presidents’ Day today, and there will be no mail delivery.
- Learn 5 strategies for paying less for college in a seminar today for parents of college-bound students at the Sylvan Learning Center, 334 County Road, from 4 to 6 pm.
- The Barrington recreation department offers a school vacation-week program at the middle school starting Tuesday with two sessions daily through Friday for kids ages 6-12. Games, sports, arts and crafts and special themed events each day from 9:30 am to noon and 12:30 to 3 pm. $5 per child per session.
- Children's entertainer Wayne Potash performs at the Barrington Public Library on Wednesday, Feb. 20, at 10:30 am. Potash, a Parents' Choice Award winner, is considered one of the most engaging music performers for children in New England.