5 Things to Know About This Week
Swearing-in ceremony; Alzheimer's and dementia; Mary King holiday show; Deo Gloria concert; '4 Paws for a Cause'
Here are five things you may want to know about this week in Barrington.
- The swearing-in ceremony for the Barrington Town Council, School Committee and Town Moderator is Monday, Dec. 3, at 8 pm in the Town Hall; RI Attorney General Peter Kilmartin will swear in the officials after which the Town Council will holds it organizational meeting.
- Learn what you need to know about Alzheimer’s and dementia at a special Bayside YMCA session in the Barrington library at 1 pm on Monday, Dec. 3. Dr. Bruce Abbott, Director of Neurology at the Southcoast Brain and Spine Center, will lead the session.
- Performer Mary King holds a 30-minute holiday show to celebrate the seasonal traditions of Hanukkah, Christmas and Kwanzaa at Barrington library on Sunday afternoon, Dec. 9. This family show will incorporate African-American spirituals, Christmas and Hanukkah sing-alongs and musical storytelling starting at 2 pm.
- Barrington Presbyterian Church, 400 County Road, will present Deo Gloria, a concert of Christmas music composed for choir, vocal soloists, and instrumentalists, on Sunday, Dec. 9, at 3 pm. This hour-long concert will feature old favorites, classical pieces, and lesser-known works.
- Each day until the end of December, Barrington Veterinary Clinic, 260 Waseca Ave., will collect donations of food for the RI Food Bank in a “4 Paws for A Cause” campaign; you get a free nail trim for your pet with a donation.